Mepal’s got talent! The 44th produce and craft show is a success
- Credit: Archant
Villagers showed off a range of talents at the 44th Mepal Produce and Craft Show.
The show is held annually, either in late August or early September, to showcase the culmination of village labours, whether they are in the garden, on the allotment or indoors.
A popular event, it includes fruit, vegetables, flowers, photographs, paintings, sewing, knitting and a host of craft.
A show spokesman said: “We were blessed with wonderful weather and possibly the hottest day of the summer. We would like to thank John Paul of Mepal Camera Club for recording the day.”
His shots can be seen on the Mepal Parish Council website.
You may also want to watch:
The Jack Hensby judges eye catcher trophy went to Kathy Smith for her patchwork quilt while three year old Skye Olivia Jones won most trophies in the children’s section for her artwork.
Trophies were presented by Sir Hugh Duberly KCVO CBE, Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity