Memorial service held for murdered pensioner
A MEMORIAL service is being held in South Wales for pensioner Llywelyn Thomas, who was murdered in his Chittering home.
The service is set to take place at 3pm on Friday (March 16), almost three months since he was killed in what officers believe was a botched burglary.
Despite a high-profile campaign, Mr Llywelyn’s killers’ have yet to be traced.
The 76-year-old was found dead at his home in Ely Road, Chittering, on Sunday, December 18. It is believed he was killed during a botched burglary the previous night.
Three distinctive watches were found to be missing from his home along with a wallet.
You may also want to watch:
His silver Rover 75 estate, registration BJ51 CJV, was also stolen and found dumped in Church Lane, Milton.
Detectives believe Mr Thomas was killed between 9.30pm and 11.30pm on Saturday, December 17.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats