Members of Ely scooter club present cheque for £500 to EACH
- Credit: Archant
Members of an Ely-based scooter club visited Milton Hospice recently to present a cheque for £500 to staff and children.
The Totally Unstable Scooter Club which was established in 1992, currently has 32 members and represents scooter enthusiasts from Ely and the surrounding villages.
They meet monthly on the second Wednesday of each month at Bar 62 in Ely and enjoy taking part in ride-outs and scooter rallys at weekends.
They decided to support EACH this year with their fundraising as members know a local family who receive support at Milton.
Heidi Forsdick, who has been a member since the club was founded, said: “Every year we like to raise money for a local charity and we know how important the care and support EACH provides is to families across Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
“We were very impressed to see the work that goes on at the hospice and to learn how the money we have raised will help continue this.”
Karen Newton, EACH Cambridgeshire fund-raiser, said: “I’d like to thank the members of the Totally Unstable Scooter Club for choosing to support EACH and for taking the time to come along to the hospice to show off their wonderful scooters to the staff and children.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
If you would like more information about the scooter club, please visit their Facebook page.