Meet your local police
AN open day at Ely Police Station has been hailed a success after it attracted more than 500 visitors on Sunday. The steady flow of visitors were given the chance to meet local officers and Police Community Support officers and ask them about policing in
AN open day at Ely Police Station has been hailed a success after it attracted more than 500 visitors on Sunday.
The steady flow of visitors were given the chance to meet local officers and Police Community Support officers and ask them about policing in the area.
Insp Adam Gallop said: "We had a real mix of age groups, including young families and local councillors. There was a real interest in what we do and probing questions into how the services operate, in addition to genuine interest in recruitment to all the services.
"In total, we had 520 visitors. Hopefully, we will be able to open the station up again next year and that will be the target to beat."
You may also want to watch:
Visitors were able to look round the mobile police station, a van with a custody cage, police and PCSO cars and 4x4 vehicles, an ambulance, a paramedic's car and a MAGPAS vehicle.
There were also stalls with information from the Ely and District Crime Prevention Panel and Neighbourhood Watch and PCSO recruitment.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Photos: GEOFF GRIGGS