Ely’s most famous cat Garfield is holding a book signing this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s most famous cat, Garfield, who is also known as Mr Sainsbury’s, will be at the Virgin Holidays store in Sainsbury’s on Saturday April 20 for a book signing.
The store has invited him and his owner to make a personal appearance to promote and sign copies of his book ‘What’s THAT Doing There?’
The owner, Mike, will be signing the books while Garfield indulges in the cuddles and attention.
Vanessa Bismuth, communications and marketing advisor at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Garfield is a local celebrity in Ely as he spends most of his time in Sainsbury’s.
“He takes himself there under his own steam because he seems to love meeting people so much.
You may also want to watch:
“He lets everyone stroke him and even climbs into people cars as they load their shopping because he loves attention.
“He has a Facebook following and has even ‘written’ his own memoir.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Admission to the event, which runs from 11am, is free and books will be available for sale.