Ely’s most famous cat Garfield is holding a book signing this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s most famous cat, Garfield, who is also known as Mr Sainsbury’s, will be at the Virgin Holidays store in Sainsbury’s on Saturday April 20 for a book signing.
The store has invited him and his owner to make a personal appearance to promote and sign copies of his book ‘What’s THAT Doing There?’
The owner, Mike, will be signing the books while Garfield indulges in the cuddles and attention.
Vanessa Bismuth, communications and marketing advisor at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Garfield is a local celebrity in Ely as he spends most of his time in Sainsbury’s.
“He takes himself there under his own steam because he seems to love meeting people so much.
“He lets everyone stroke him and even climbs into people cars as they load their shopping because he loves attention.
“He has a Facebook following and has even ‘written’ his own memoir.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
Admission to the event, which runs from 11am, is free and books will be available for sale.