Medium Nick is retail champion
MEDIUM Nick Brown took a glimpse into the future of the retail trade and won himself an all-expenses-paid trip to America. Nick, who is a familiar face in Littleport Spiritualist Church bringing messages from beyond the grave, took a different view of lif
MEDIUM Nick Brown took a glimpse into the future of the retail trade and won himself an all-expenses-paid trip to America.
Nick, who is a familiar face in Littleport Spiritualist Church bringing messages from beyond the grave, took a different view of life to present his ideas on shopping in years to come to a panel of judges to win a national title.
Assistant manager and group forecourt services manager at the BP service station in Ely's Witchford Road, Nick, 28, has been named UK champion in a competition run by the Association of Convenience Stores.
He was presented with his achievement award by former newsreader and presenter of BBC Radio 4's Today programme, John Humphrys, at the Hilton Metropole Hotel
You may also want to watch:
in Birmingham where he
presented his ideas to 300
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
Now he will fly out to America in November to spend two days in Washington visiting retailers before travelling to Atlanta for four days to compete in the competition's global finals.
Nick, of Kingsmead Court, Littleport said: "I have quite a task ahead of me and a standard to keep. The competition has been won for the last three years by UK entrants."
BP service station owner, Jonathan James, said of Nick's award: "As a company, we are absolutely delighted. This is a hell of an achievement.