Medium Nick is retail champion
MEDIUM Nick Brown took a glimpse into the future of the retail trade and won himself an all-expenses-paid trip to America. Nick, who is a familiar face in Littleport Spiritualist Church bringing messages from beyond the grave, took a different view of lif
MEDIUM Nick Brown took a glimpse into the future of the retail trade and won himself an all-expenses-paid trip to America.
Nick, who is a familiar face in Littleport Spiritualist Church bringing messages from beyond the grave, took a different view of life to present his ideas on shopping in years to come to a panel of judges to win a national title.
Assistant manager and group forecourt services manager at the BP service station in Ely's Witchford Road, Nick, 28, has been named UK champion in a competition run by the Association of Convenience Stores.
He was presented with his achievement award by former newsreader and presenter of BBC Radio 4's Today programme, John Humphrys, at the Hilton Metropole Hotel
in Birmingham where he
presented his ideas to 300
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Now he will fly out to America in November to spend two days in Washington visiting retailers before travelling to Atlanta for four days to compete in the competition's global finals.
Nick, of Kingsmead Court, Littleport said: "I have quite a task ahead of me and a standard to keep. The competition has been won for the last three years by UK entrants."
BP service station owner, Jonathan James, said of Nick's award: "As a company, we are absolutely delighted. This is a hell of an achievement.