Aspiring youngsters urged to take part in McDonald's football scheme
- Credit: Red Consultancy
Youngsters of all abilities will be able to take part in 120 hours of free, fun and Covid-secure football sessions as part of a scheme led by McDonald’s.
Fun Football sessions will take place in Cottenham this month, one of over 600 locations across the UK that aim to get kids active as Covid-19 lockdown restrictions ease.
The sessions will be delivered by qualified coaches as part of the McDonald’s programme in partnership with all four Football Associations in the UK to provide five million hours of free coaching to children by 2022.
Matthew Jarrett, of McDonald’s, said: “I’m thrilled that we can help get children back playing football together after such uncertain times.
“It’s important that children take this opportunity to keep active which will benefit both their physical and mental health.”
Sessions will take place at the Cottenham Sports Centre, High Street, Cottenham, CB24 8UA on June 5, 12th, 19th and 26th between 12-1pm.
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/football.html.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 9 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 10 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash