Aspiring youngsters urged to take part in McDonald's football scheme
- Credit: Red Consultancy
Youngsters of all abilities will be able to take part in 120 hours of free, fun and Covid-secure football sessions as part of a scheme led by McDonald’s.
Fun Football sessions will take place in Cottenham this month, one of over 600 locations across the UK that aim to get kids active as Covid-19 lockdown restrictions ease.
The sessions will be delivered by qualified coaches as part of the McDonald’s programme in partnership with all four Football Associations in the UK to provide five million hours of free coaching to children by 2022.
Matthew Jarrett, of McDonald’s, said: “I’m thrilled that we can help get children back playing football together after such uncertain times.
“It’s important that children take this opportunity to keep active which will benefit both their physical and mental health.”
You may also want to watch:
Sessions will take place at the Cottenham Sports Centre, High Street, Cottenham, CB24 8UA on June 5, 12th, 19th and 26th between 12-1pm.
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/football.html.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 7 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 8 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Chilled out seal photographed relaxing on Cambs riverbank