McCarthy and Stone’s assisted living plans to build 57 apartments, car parking and landscaping in Lisle Lane given approval
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a new assisted living development in Ely have been accepted.
McCarthy and Stone, the UK’s leading retirement house builder, have been given the go ahead to develop the G&J Peck site on Lisle Lane following extensive consultation with the local community.
The proposal, to build 57 high-quality assisted living (extra care) apartments, car parking and attractive landscaping, was granted planning permission by East Cambridge District Council.
McCarthy and Stone’s proposal will help meet the local need for specialist housing for older people, significantly increasing local housing choice.
Assisted Living (Extra Care) apartments are staffed 24 hours a day, which will create 17 full-time equivalent jobs and provide residents with access to care and domestic assistance as required.
Mark Wright, McCarthy and Stone’s regional managing director, said: “From the outset we have been committed to delivering the right development for this site.
“We are delighted with this decision and are pleased that our plans received the support of local residents.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
“We can now proceed to develop this site with much-needed assisted living accommodation for local older people.”