McCarthy and Stone’s assisted living plans to build 57 apartments, car parking and landscaping in Lisle Lane given approval
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a new assisted living development in Ely have been accepted.
McCarthy and Stone, the UK’s leading retirement house builder, have been given the go ahead to develop the G&J Peck site on Lisle Lane following extensive consultation with the local community.
The proposal, to build 57 high-quality assisted living (extra care) apartments, car parking and attractive landscaping, was granted planning permission by East Cambridge District Council.
McCarthy and Stone’s proposal will help meet the local need for specialist housing for older people, significantly increasing local housing choice.
Assisted Living (Extra Care) apartments are staffed 24 hours a day, which will create 17 full-time equivalent jobs and provide residents with access to care and domestic assistance as required.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Wright, McCarthy and Stone’s regional managing director, said: “From the outset we have been committed to delivering the right development for this site.
“We are delighted with this decision and are pleased that our plans received the support of local residents.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
“We can now proceed to develop this site with much-needed assisted living accommodation for local older people.”