McCarthy and Stone’s assisted living plans to build 57 apartments, car parking and landscaping in Lisle Lane given approval
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a new assisted living development in Ely have been accepted.
McCarthy and Stone, the UK’s leading retirement house builder, have been given the go ahead to develop the G&J Peck site on Lisle Lane following extensive consultation with the local community.
The proposal, to build 57 high-quality assisted living (extra care) apartments, car parking and attractive landscaping, was granted planning permission by East Cambridge District Council.
McCarthy and Stone’s proposal will help meet the local need for specialist housing for older people, significantly increasing local housing choice.
Assisted Living (Extra Care) apartments are staffed 24 hours a day, which will create 17 full-time equivalent jobs and provide residents with access to care and domestic assistance as required.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Wright, McCarthy and Stone’s regional managing director, said: “From the outset we have been committed to delivering the right development for this site.
“We are delighted with this decision and are pleased that our plans received the support of local residents.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
“We can now proceed to develop this site with much-needed assisted living accommodation for local older people.”