Mayor’s ball is a charity money raising success
- Credit: Archant
A night of music, dancing and fine food raised more than £1,000 for two charities supported by Ely Mayor councillor Ian Lindsay.
The black tie event was held at The Maltings joined by more than 90 people from a variety of groups within the community.
Cllr Lindsay said: “There were mayors from other towns and chairman of other local councils.
“There was a good mix of people for all sorts of different groups in the community which was great to see.
“Everybody who attended had a good time and it raised a good amount of money for two very worthy causes.”
You may also want to watch:
The four course meal followed by music from live band Rhythm and Roots will bring in vital funds for the British Red Cross and Pos+Abiity, a group set up to support people who have suffered a stroke alongside their families and carers.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor