Mayor’s ball is a charity money raising success
- Credit: Archant
A night of music, dancing and fine food raised more than £1,000 for two charities supported by Ely Mayor councillor Ian Lindsay.
The black tie event was held at The Maltings joined by more than 90 people from a variety of groups within the community.
Cllr Lindsay said: “There were mayors from other towns and chairman of other local councils.
“There was a good mix of people for all sorts of different groups in the community which was great to see.
“Everybody who attended had a good time and it raised a good amount of money for two very worthy causes.”
You may also want to watch:
The four course meal followed by music from live band Rhythm and Roots will bring in vital funds for the British Red Cross and Pos+Abiity, a group set up to support people who have suffered a stroke alongside their families and carers.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road