Mayor of Ely opens modernised Santander branch in High Street
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Ely Councillor Richard Hobbs was on hand to open the newly designed and refurbished branch of Santander in Ely on Tuesday.
Representatives from local charity Little Miracles, which supports families that have children with additional needs, disabilities and life limiting conditions, attended the opening and there were hot drinks and cakes for customers throughout the day.
Little Miracles is one of the charities that will benefit from a fundraising programme at the branch throughout 2018.
Work on the new branch design took four weeks to complete and facilities include digital workstations with tablets for online banking, express banking with a new ATM wall, counter services for more secure transactions and private interview rooms.
Susan Allen, Santander’s head of retail distribution, said: “Banking is changing at a rapid pace and we wanted to create a branch that can accommodate the needs of all our local customers.”
You may also want to watch:
The branch on 37-39 High Street, which employs six staff, is managed by Sally Picking.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town