Mayor of Ely “delighted” at turnout for ball
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Ely said she was delighted with the support shown at her inaugural ball.
The event was held at the Maltings, in Ely, on April 11, and saw more than 100 guests turn out to support the mayor, Councillor Lis Every.
A raffle was held on the night and funds raised will be donated to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Councillor Every said: “We were delighted with how it went. It was a real opportunity for us to show how we can put together an event at the Maltings.
“It was really important that it worked and I think it really did, we had more than 100 people come and we received so much support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Maltings is available to the public to host events. For more information, contact the City of Ely Council on 01353 661016.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody