May Day festivities
Littleport St George s Church ON May 1, the May Day fair was held on Tower Lawn, presided over by the Rev Rosemary Maskell and the curate the Rev Dixon. Visitors were given the opportunity to visit the Bell Tower. Two demonstrations of maypole dancing wer
Littleport St George's Church
ON May 1, the May Day fair was held on Tower Lawn, presided over by the Rev Rosemary Maskell and the curate the Rev Dixon. Visitors were given the opportunity to visit the Bell Tower. Two demonstrations of maypole dancing were provided by children from Parson's Lane Primary School.
The fair was also graced by the presence from the Ely and Littleport Womens' Morris Dancers and the Littleport Lancettes. The May queen and her king were Harriet Kerridge and Michael Garrett. The stalls, amusements and refreshments raised £750.
On May 6, our first car boot sale of the season took place and, despite the weather, it was well attended and £250 was raised for the restoration fund.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, at 10am, parish Eucharist will be celebrated by the Rev Dixon.
On Wednesday, a barn dance will be held at Littleport Ex -Serviceman's Club, with supper and bar facilities.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'