May Day cakes and tea bring dozens together during Littleport celebration
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people celebrated May Day with a cuppa, cake and company during a get together in Littleport.
The event was the best attended and organisers You Are Not Alone say their numbers are gradually increasing since starting in December.
Susan Green of YANA said: “We have a Sunday afternoon tea for people who are on their own once a month.
“Weekends are a drag for people who are lonely.
“We play games and have a sing along and people chat away.”
There were also a few younger faces at the weekend gathering and their next event, in celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday, takes place on Saturday June 11.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told