May Day cakes and tea bring dozens together during Littleport celebration
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people celebrated May Day with a cuppa, cake and company during a get together in Littleport.
The event was the best attended and organisers You Are Not Alone say their numbers are gradually increasing since starting in December.
Susan Green of YANA said: “We have a Sunday afternoon tea for people who are on their own once a month.
“Weekends are a drag for people who are lonely.
“We play games and have a sing along and people chat away.”
You may also want to watch:
There were also a few younger faces at the weekend gathering and their next event, in celebration of the Queen’s 90th birthday, takes place on Saturday June 11.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November