Masterchef finalist to show off his skills at Ely festival
- Credit: Archant
Masterchef finalist and cookery teacher Andrew Kojima is set to give a culinary master class at Ely’s Eel Festival weekend.
Andrew, a finalist in the 2012 edition of the popular BBC show, will be part of the food and drink festival on Palace Green which will take place on Sunday and Monday, May 4-5.
The event is being supported by G’s Fresh and will see a host of demonstrations from chefs running throughout.
As well as Andrew, demonstrations will also be given by Leah Jensen, head chef of Poets House, in Ely, Corrinne Payet, of French Patisserie Gourmandises, Mark Anstead, of Cambridgeshire Wines School and catering students from Cambridge Regional College.
Andrew said: “Eels evoke emotion and memories. On Monday, May 5, I will demonstrate two dishes with eels, one British, one Japanese and pay homage to these intriguing little fish.”
The Eel Festival will be taking place from May 2-5 and will include the annual Ely Day Parade, a full programme of arena events in Jubilee Gardens including folk music, eel pottery workshops, music and dancing, historical displays and re-enactments.
For information on all these activities and many other fringe events keep checking out our Eel Festival Weekend page at www.visitely.org.uk and follow us on Twitter @visitely.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash