Masterchef finalist to show off his skills at Ely festival
- Credit: Archant
Masterchef finalist and cookery teacher Andrew Kojima is set to give a culinary master class at Ely’s Eel Festival weekend.
Andrew, a finalist in the 2012 edition of the popular BBC show, will be part of the food and drink festival on Palace Green which will take place on Sunday and Monday, May 4-5.
The event is being supported by G’s Fresh and will see a host of demonstrations from chefs running throughout.
As well as Andrew, demonstrations will also be given by Leah Jensen, head chef of Poets House, in Ely, Corrinne Payet, of French Patisserie Gourmandises, Mark Anstead, of Cambridgeshire Wines School and catering students from Cambridge Regional College.
Andrew said: “Eels evoke emotion and memories. On Monday, May 5, I will demonstrate two dishes with eels, one British, one Japanese and pay homage to these intriguing little fish.”
You may also want to watch:
The Eel Festival will be taking place from May 2-5 and will include the annual Ely Day Parade, a full programme of arena events in Jubilee Gardens including folk music, eel pottery workshops, music and dancing, historical displays and re-enactments.
For information on all these activities and many other fringe events keep checking out our Eel Festival Weekend page at www.visitely.org.uk and follow us on Twitter @visitely.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening