Masked men - holding metal bars and baseball bats - assault members of public and staff in armed robbery at The Golden Hind Pub in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A group of masked men - wielding metal bars and baseball bats - carried out an armed robbery at a Cambridge pub on Sunday and attacked several people.
The raid, at the Golden Hind pub in Milton Road, took place at 9.30pm and involved an assault on members of the public and staff.
Four or five men are reported to have entered wearing what have been described as ski masks and balaclavas, whilst holding various weapons.
They demanded money and assaulted three men - a member of staff and two members of the public - before making off with cash in a black Ford Mondeo. No one was seriously injured.
DC John Collinson said: “This was very frightening for all involved - staff and members of the public. But we are treating it as an isolated incident at this time.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who saw what happened or saw the Ford Mondeo in the area to get in touch.
“Anyone with information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, should not hesitate to call police.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
If you have any information, call DC John Collinson on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111, or visit crimestoppers-uk.org