Marshalls Aerospace worker Keith Thatcher from Welney named as motorcyclist killed in A10 collision at Stretham near Ely
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a man who died in a collision on the A10 near Stretham last Wednesday.
Keith Robin Thatcher, 58, from New Road in Welney died when the black Hyosung GT650 motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision with a silver Ford Transit.
Mr Thatcher lived with his partner Anne, had three sons and a stepdaughter he treated as his own. He also had two grandchildren aged one and three months.
He worked as a maintenance fitter at Marshalls Aerospace and Defence Group in Cambridge. He was a keen motorcyclist, who also enjoyed dog walking and making model aircraft.
In a statement, his family said: “Keith was an incredibly special man who could always make you smile; he is irreplaceable. His death is a tragedy and a massive loss. We will all miss him dearly.”
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man from Ely was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving as a result of the collision. He has been released on police bail until January 23 2016.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
The crash happened around 4.30pm between the A1123/A10 roundabout at Stretham and the Cambridge Research Park just north of Waterbeach.