Marshalls Aerospace worker Keith Thatcher from Welney named as motorcyclist killed in A10 collision at Stretham near Ely
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a man who died in a collision on the A10 near Stretham last Wednesday.
Keith Robin Thatcher, 58, from New Road in Welney died when the black Hyosung GT650 motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision with a silver Ford Transit.
Mr Thatcher lived with his partner Anne, had three sons and a stepdaughter he treated as his own. He also had two grandchildren aged one and three months.
He worked as a maintenance fitter at Marshalls Aerospace and Defence Group in Cambridge. He was a keen motorcyclist, who also enjoyed dog walking and making model aircraft.
In a statement, his family said: “Keith was an incredibly special man who could always make you smile; he is irreplaceable. His death is a tragedy and a massive loss. We will all miss him dearly.”
A 35-year-old man from Ely was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving as a result of the collision. He has been released on police bail until January 23 2016.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
The crash happened around 4.30pm between the A1123/A10 roundabout at Stretham and the Cambridge Research Park just north of Waterbeach.