300-mile charity cycle challenge for mental illness
- Credit: Mark Jones
An Ely man is taking part in a 300-mile charity cycle ride to raise funds for a mental health organisation.
Mark Jones, who works in the fulfilment centre at Whizzle in Ely, is taking on the challenge later this month (September) to raise money for Rethink Mental Illness.
The charity covers all spectrums of mental health.
Mark will set off from his new house in Sutton, Ely to his old home in Pontefract in West Yorkshire and back.
In 2020, he suffered from a mental health breakdown.
“After getting valuable input from the mental health team, I decided I would do my best to help people that were going through the same thing and raise awareness of mental health issues,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“I was going to do one mile for every pound raised, but then I thought I’d up it."
You can donate to Mark through his JustGiving page.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash