300-mile charity cycle challenge for mental illness
- Credit: Mark Jones
An Ely man is taking part in a 300-mile charity cycle ride to raise funds for a mental health organisation.
Mark Jones, who works in the fulfilment centre at Whizzle in Ely, is taking on the challenge later this month (September) to raise money for Rethink Mental Illness.
The charity covers all spectrums of mental health.
Mark will set off from his new house in Sutton, Ely to his old home in Pontefract in West Yorkshire and back.
In 2020, he suffered from a mental health breakdown.
“After getting valuable input from the mental health team, I decided I would do my best to help people that were going through the same thing and raise awareness of mental health issues,” he said.
“I was going to do one mile for every pound raised, but then I thought I’d up it."
You can donate to Mark through his JustGiving page.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 7 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Gary takes Dry January to next level with mental health challenge