Margaret set to celebrate 80th birthday with high-flying charity skydive alongside granddaughter Sophie
- Credit: Archant
A great-grandma who turns 80 next week will celebrate her birthday with a high-flying charity skydive.
Margaret Missin, 79, will complete the parachute jump with her granddaughter Sophie Adams on Wednesday in aid of Alzheimer’s Research UK and Dementia Care.
The family duo, who are from Little Downham, are aiming to raise £200 ahead of the fundraiser.
They are completing the skydive because husband and grandfather Brian, 82, suffers with dementia and they hope to fund research into the diseases.
Catherine Adams, Sophie’s sister and Margaret’s granddaughter, has been helping to advertise the sky-dive.
“I have been very privileged to have a close relationship with my grandparents as they live next door,” she said.
“There’s a real sadness of watching my nana and granddad be destroyed by dementia piece by piece; firstly because he suffers with it, and secondly as they live with it every day.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
“Dementia is a horrifying disease that not only affects those suffering but, as I’ve seen first hand, can cripple those left behind.
“Some of the money we raise will go towards helping those who are ‘left behind’ as many of them are elderly people who may have no one else to help or turn too.
“My Nana is desperate to help because she wants to stop others suffering in the same way that she and our family has.”
Margaret and Sophie will skydive at Block Fen, March on Wednesday June 8.
To donate, visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/catherine-adams-1