Margaret set to celebrate 80th birthday with high-flying charity skydive alongside granddaughter Sophie
- Credit: Archant
A great-grandma who turns 80 next week will celebrate her birthday with a high-flying charity skydive.
Margaret Missin, 79, will complete the parachute jump with her granddaughter Sophie Adams on Wednesday in aid of Alzheimer’s Research UK and Dementia Care.
The family duo, who are from Little Downham, are aiming to raise £200 ahead of the fundraiser.
They are completing the skydive because husband and grandfather Brian, 82, suffers with dementia and they hope to fund research into the diseases.
Catherine Adams, Sophie’s sister and Margaret’s granddaughter, has been helping to advertise the sky-dive.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been very privileged to have a close relationship with my grandparents as they live next door,” she said.
“There’s a real sadness of watching my nana and granddad be destroyed by dementia piece by piece; firstly because he suffers with it, and secondly as they live with it every day.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
“Dementia is a horrifying disease that not only affects those suffering but, as I’ve seen first hand, can cripple those left behind.
“Some of the money we raise will go towards helping those who are ‘left behind’ as many of them are elderly people who may have no one else to help or turn too.
“My Nana is desperate to help because she wants to stop others suffering in the same way that she and our family has.”
Margaret and Sophie will skydive at Block Fen, March on Wednesday June 8.
To donate, visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/catherine-adams-1