Margaret remembered at charity clothes sale
SUE Ryder Care in Ely will be holding a fund-raising clothes sale February 22. All the items of clothing have been donated by Gordon Day in memory of his late wife, Margaret who died last November. Having successfully owned and run The Little Shop in Ely
SUE Ryder Care in Ely will be holding a fund-raising clothes sale February 22. All the items of clothing have been donated by Gordon Day in memory of his late wife, Margaret who died last November.
Having successfully owned and run The Little Shop in Ely, Margaret had told her family that if she ever had to give up The Little Shop she would have a sale of stock and then donate whatever stock was left to charities.
Gordon decided to donate half of the remaining items from the shop to Sue Ryder Care and half to the Milton Hospice in Cambridge.
Sue Ryder Care will be holding the sale in The Cathedral Centre from 10am - 4pm while stocks last. There will be reductions of up to 80% of the original price in the hope that all items will be sold and refreshments including tea and coffee will be available for purchase.
You may also want to watch:
Fund-raiser Chloe Burgess said: "We are so grateful to Gordon and Margaret for this opportunity to sell such high quality, new goods and hope the day will raise a great deal of money for our neurological care provision in Cambridgeshire. This is a lovely way to remember Margaret by helping others in her community and we hope that many of her customers will join us for the sale."
INFO: Sue Ryder Care, based at the Old Palace in Ely provides residential and respite care for 42 people living with neurological conditions including Multiple Sclerosis and Huntington's disease as well as acquired brain injuries.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
For further information, contact the fund-raising team on 01353 663357 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org