Margaret Maureen Day
KEEN gardener Margaret Day died at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge on January 7, aged 68. Born in Welney, Norfolk, Margaret lived at Abbot Thurston Avenue, Ely, and was well-known in the area. Margaret worked for Frederick Hiam for 18 years before she joine
KEEN gardener Margaret Day died at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge on January 7, aged 68.
Born in Welney, Norfolk, Margaret lived at Abbot Thurston Avenue, Ely, and was well-known in the area.
Margaret worked for Frederick Hiam for 18 years before she joined the Royal Mail as a cleaner.
She retired at 63 and was able to devote more time to her gardening and her family.
You may also want to watch:
She loved horse-racing, but never bet on a race apart from the Grand National.
Margaret was also fond of music, particularly Engelbert Humperdink and Daniel O' Donnell and she was an avid listener of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
Margaret's partner of 18 years, John Key, died in 1999, and she is survived by two daughters, Susan and Tracey, and two grandsons Liam and Sam.
The funeral was on January 18 at St Mary's Church, Ely.