Margaret Maureen Day
KEEN gardener Margaret Day died at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge on January 7, aged 68. Born in Welney, Norfolk, Margaret lived at Abbot Thurston Avenue, Ely, and was well-known in the area. Margaret worked for Frederick Hiam for 18 years before she joine
KEEN gardener Margaret Day died at Papworth Hospital, Cambridge on January 7, aged 68.
Born in Welney, Norfolk, Margaret lived at Abbot Thurston Avenue, Ely, and was well-known in the area.
Margaret worked for Frederick Hiam for 18 years before she joined the Royal Mail as a cleaner.
She retired at 63 and was able to devote more time to her gardening and her family.
She loved horse-racing, but never bet on a race apart from the Grand National.
Margaret was also fond of music, particularly Engelbert Humperdink and Daniel O' Donnell and she was an avid listener of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Margaret's partner of 18 years, John Key, died in 1999, and she is survived by two daughters, Susan and Tracey, and two grandsons Liam and Sam.
The funeral was on January 18 at St Mary's Church, Ely.