Ely cadets enjoy RAF Walking and Road March Association weekend - with a stop over at Battle of Britain Memorial
- Credit: Archant
Eighteen cadets and staff members from the 1094 (City of Ely) squadron have returned from the RAF Walking and Road Marching Association Spitfire March.
The squadron – part of the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing- completed last weekend’s Spitfire March.
They also stopped off at The Battle of Britain Memorial to pay their respects to the few in this the RAF’s Centenary year.
One of the squadron’s adventure training team staff and ex Household Cavalry Corporal of Horse, CI Andrew Mackenzie said “Since joining as a staff member two years ago I’ve been keen on encouraging cadets to take part in the Nijmegen Marches.
Weekends like this are a great introduction for the younger cadets and a lot of fun”
If you live near Ely in Cambridgeshire are aged between 12 and 17 and would like to find out more about what we do then why not come along to our Squadron Headquarters at Heaton Drive, Ely CB6 4RS any Thursday Night at 7:30pm
The National Memorial to the Few is a peaceful space, ideal for quiet reflection, atop the famous White Cliffs and offering superb views across the Channel to France.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
The central statue of a lone pilot is complemented by the Christopher Foxley-Norris Memorial Wall, two replica aircraft and other items of interest.