Burwell-based Manchetts Rescue and Recovery named runner-up for service excellence
- Credit: Archant
A Burwell-based company was named runner up in an awards event.
Manchetts Rescue and Recovery came second in the SME Cambridgeshire business awards 2018 for service excellence.
Sean Manchett said: “We are very proud to receive this award for the team that do such a dangerous job at the roadside.
“This award gives the team recognition for their services and Manchetts is only as good as the people behind the scenes, I am very pleased for them.”
“Customer service is ensured through our process of continued contact with our team out on the road day and night, from job deployment to arrival at scene, solutions and close of job.
You may also want to watch:
“There isn’t a moment our control room team don’t know what’s going on out there. You don’t join Manchetts if you want a nine to five mundane job – you can’t exactly drift off and not be noticed.
“Manchetts Rescue and Recovery is a well-oiled team of passionate people who care about what they do from the minute they start work.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
“Our team of drivers and operators receive IVR (The Institute of Vehicle Recovery) training - this internationally-recognised organisation works alongside government agencies, the Health and Safety Executive, Highways England plus many other professional bodies.
“It focuses on the reduction of roadside injuries and fatalities through excellence in training and safety procedures.
“It aims to provide a safer environment for those working within the roadside assistance and vehicle recovery sector.
“Our management also provide local hands-on training for the team supporting the Cambridgeshire fire brigade with heavy vehicle rescue and recovery training.
“Our social media platforms are regularly receiving great feedback from the general public which we pass on to our team and contractors who in turn produce commendations for our staff.
“We believe it’s important for them to be recognised for great customer service. The company ethos is to give back to the community where we can and get involved; it may be a school prom or carnival that a Manchetts recovery truck is required for.
“We are only as good as our team and our written reviews and testimonials show continued momentum.”