Manchetts’ charity golf day raises funds for East Cambs scout’s jamboree mission
- Credit: Archant
Manchetts in Burwell held its annual charity golf day at King’s Lynn Golf Club, on Friday.
The day was supported by numerous people and business colleagues.
Manchetts organised several competitions with prizes of John Lewis vouchers for nearest the pin and longest drive.
There was also the chance to win a new Peugeot car for anyone who got a hole in one on the 16th if played within 144 yards — and retired fire chief Dave Robertson came very close.
Amanda Manchett, marketing manager, said: “The day was a great success with immense support raising £1,525, with Leigh Smart of Yutree Insurance matching the money raised from the raffle of £525.
You may also want to watch:
“The total money raised has been given to scout Declan Sewter, who suffers with cystic fibrosis, who is raising funds to take himself and another child from a third world country to a 2015 scouting jamboree.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home