Manchetts of Burwell & Newmarket’s charity golf day raises £1,440 for Asthma UK
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity golf day organised by Manchetts of Burwell & Newmarket raised £1,440 for Asthma UK.
Held on Friday September 22, a great turnout at King’s Lynn Golf Club saw fundraisers take part in a hole in one competition with three prizes.
The first prize on hole 16 was a new Peugeot worth up to £15,000, and other prizes on hole five of a two-night golf trip for four to Marriott Forest Arden.
Amanda Manchett, operations and marketing manager of the Manchetts Group, said: “A hole in one was not successful although the day was enjoyed by all while the sun shone.
“A director’s family friend, Molly Spinks, lost her mum to asthma, after a vicious attack.
“She thanked the team for raising the money for Asthma UK and said she is forever grateful.”
An Asthma UK spokesman said: “The research we support helps us understand the causes of asthma, reduce asthma attacks, find new treatments, turn discoveries in the lab into new treatments and ultimately find a cure.”
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
To donate to Asthma UK visit www.asthma.org.uk