Manchetts of Burwell & Newmarket’s charity golf day raises £1,440 for Asthma UK
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity golf day organised by Manchetts of Burwell & Newmarket raised £1,440 for Asthma UK.
Held on Friday September 22, a great turnout at King’s Lynn Golf Club saw fundraisers take part in a hole in one competition with three prizes.
The first prize on hole 16 was a new Peugeot worth up to £15,000, and other prizes on hole five of a two-night golf trip for four to Marriott Forest Arden.
Amanda Manchett, operations and marketing manager of the Manchetts Group, said: “A hole in one was not successful although the day was enjoyed by all while the sun shone.
“A director’s family friend, Molly Spinks, lost her mum to asthma, after a vicious attack.
You may also want to watch:
“She thanked the team for raising the money for Asthma UK and said she is forever grateful.”
An Asthma UK spokesman said: “The research we support helps us understand the causes of asthma, reduce asthma attacks, find new treatments, turn discoveries in the lab into new treatments and ultimately find a cure.”
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
To donate to Asthma UK visit www.asthma.org.uk