Manchetts of Burwell & Newmarket’s charity golf day raises £1,440 for Asthma UK
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity golf day organised by Manchetts of Burwell & Newmarket raised £1,440 for Asthma UK.
Held on Friday September 22, a great turnout at King’s Lynn Golf Club saw fundraisers take part in a hole in one competition with three prizes.
The first prize on hole 16 was a new Peugeot worth up to £15,000, and other prizes on hole five of a two-night golf trip for four to Marriott Forest Arden.
Amanda Manchett, operations and marketing manager of the Manchetts Group, said: “A hole in one was not successful although the day was enjoyed by all while the sun shone.
“A director’s family friend, Molly Spinks, lost her mum to asthma, after a vicious attack.
You may also want to watch:
“She thanked the team for raising the money for Asthma UK and said she is forever grateful.”
An Asthma UK spokesman said: “The research we support helps us understand the causes of asthma, reduce asthma attacks, find new treatments, turn discoveries in the lab into new treatments and ultimately find a cure.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
To donate to Asthma UK visit www.asthma.org.uk