Manage your money better with a free course in Ely
- Credit: Sarah Allison
Ely people are being given another opportunity to get help managing their money with a popular free course.
Members of Churches Together, who have been trained by award-winning debt charity Christians Against Poverty, are running the three part course.
It starts at St Mary’s Primary School in Ely on September 26 at 7.30pm.
Money coaches Derek Tye and John Hociej, who will be leading the sessions said: “If you know how to save and budget effectively, it can have a hugely positive impact on the whole family.
“We hope that we can help people, quietly and confidentially, take the guess work out of their situation so they can plan for the future, and sort out any problems.”
Churches Together in Ely is one of more than 1,000 churches of different Christian traditions across the UK who are regularly offering the course, as they work together to positively impact the communities around them.
The CAP Money Course has been useful for individuals, newly retired people, soon-to-be students, families dealing with mounting bills, and everyone in between.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
To find out more about the CAP Money Course and book you place visit www.capmoneycourse.org or telephone 07982908032.