Man with life threatening injuries - and woman and child needing treatment - flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital after A142 crash between Witcham Toll and Wentworth Turn
- Credit: Archant
A man with life threatening injuries has been flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, as well as a woman and child needing treatment, after a crash on the A142 between Witcham Toll and Wentworth Turn.
Officers were called at 1.22pm to reports of a collision involving two vehicles, a white Kia Venga and a blue Ford Fiesta Zetec.
“A man, the driver of the Kia, is believed to have suffered life threatening injuries and has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital via helicopter,” said a police spokesman.
“His passengers, a woman and child are believed to have received minor injuries.
“The driver and passenger of the Ford were not injured.
You may also want to watch:
“The road is currently closed in both directions between the A1421 Witcham Toll junction and the Witchford roundabout.
“Motorists are advised to avoid the area or expect delays.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Anybody with information about the collision is asked to call police on 101.