Man with life threatening injuries - and woman and child needing treatment - flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital after A142 crash between Witcham Toll and Wentworth Turn
- Credit: Archant
A man with life threatening injuries has been flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, as well as a woman and child needing treatment, after a crash on the A142 between Witcham Toll and Wentworth Turn.
Officers were called at 1.22pm to reports of a collision involving two vehicles, a white Kia Venga and a blue Ford Fiesta Zetec.
“A man, the driver of the Kia, is believed to have suffered life threatening injuries and has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital via helicopter,” said a police spokesman.
“His passengers, a woman and child are believed to have received minor injuries.
“The driver and passenger of the Ford were not injured.
“The road is currently closed in both directions between the A1421 Witcham Toll junction and the Witchford roundabout.
“Motorists are advised to avoid the area or expect delays.”
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
Anybody with information about the collision is asked to call police on 101.