Man Who Killed His Brother in Car Crash is Sentenced To Five Years in Prison.
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years in prison.Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened o
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years' in prison.
Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened on October 18, 2008.
Raftery, of Osbourne Road, Wisbech, pleaded guilty to death by dangerous driving and was sentenced on Wednesday at Cambridge Crown Court.
Inspector Alan Page from the roads policing unit, said: "This has been a particularly traumatic case for the family - they lost one son, and the other has been sentenced for his death.
You may also want to watch:
"This was also intensive for the investigating officers as Mark Raftery originally claimed to have no memory of the crash and could not remember if he was driving or not. However he was placed in the driver's seat following forensic tests.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 7 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered