Man Who Killed His Brother in Car Crash is Sentenced To Five Years in Prison.
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years in prison.Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened o
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years' in prison.
Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened on October 18, 2008.
Raftery, of Osbourne Road, Wisbech, pleaded guilty to death by dangerous driving and was sentenced on Wednesday at Cambridge Crown Court.
Inspector Alan Page from the roads policing unit, said: "This has been a particularly traumatic case for the family - they lost one son, and the other has been sentenced for his death.
You may also want to watch:
"This was also intensive for the investigating officers as Mark Raftery originally claimed to have no memory of the crash and could not remember if he was driving or not. However he was placed in the driver's seat following forensic tests.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’