Man Who Killed His Brother in Car Crash is Sentenced To Five Years in Prison.
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years in prison.Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened o
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years' in prison.
Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened on October 18, 2008.
Raftery, of Osbourne Road, Wisbech, pleaded guilty to death by dangerous driving and was sentenced on Wednesday at Cambridge Crown Court.
Inspector Alan Page from the roads policing unit, said: "This has been a particularly traumatic case for the family - they lost one son, and the other has been sentenced for his death.
"This was also intensive for the investigating officers as Mark Raftery originally claimed to have no memory of the crash and could not remember if he was driving or not. However he was placed in the driver's seat following forensic tests.
- 1 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 2 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 3 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Crowds enjoy all on offer at city’s yule pagan and alternative fayre