Man Who Killed His Brother in Car Crash is Sentenced To Five Years in Prison.
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years in prison.Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened o
A MAN who killed his brother in a car crash has been sentenced to five years' in prison.
Mark Raftery, 36, was driving a Subaru Imprezza along the A141 Isle of Ely Way when he lost control, causing fatal injuries to his brother Kevin. The crash happened on October 18, 2008.
Raftery, of Osbourne Road, Wisbech, pleaded guilty to death by dangerous driving and was sentenced on Wednesday at Cambridge Crown Court.
Inspector Alan Page from the roads policing unit, said: "This has been a particularly traumatic case for the family - they lost one son, and the other has been sentenced for his death.
You may also want to watch:
"This was also intensive for the investigating officers as Mark Raftery originally claimed to have no memory of the crash and could not remember if he was driving or not. However he was placed in the driver's seat following forensic tests.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road