Man Who Created Commotion Is Banned From Ely Hostel
A MAN who created a commotion at an Ely hostel from which he had been banned, has been ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work. Jamie Webb was aggressive when he turned up at the Ely Young People s Project, banging on the doors, shouting and swearin
A MAN who created a commotion at an Ely hostel from which he had been banned, has been ordered to carry out 250 hours of unpaid work.
Jamie Webb was aggressive when he turned up at the Ely Young People's Project, banging on the doors, shouting and swearing.
Earlier the same night Webb had attacked one of the hostel's residents, punching Harry Baker in the head, and threatened him by saying: "I am going to kill you eventually; this is not going to end."
Webb, 24, of West End Close, Witchford, had earlier admitted charges of assault and threatening behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
The incident on May 17 began when Webb arrived at the skate park in St John's Road on his bicycle, and tried to get Mr Baker to fight with him, said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
Mr Baker failed to respond, and managed to dodge out of the way when Webb tried to head butt him.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market
"The defendant then swung a punch at him, hitting him on the left temple," said she added.
Later the same evening, Webb turned up at the hostel, banging on the main doors and shouting: "I am going to get you Butler."
A member of staff made the building secure, and a window was smashed during the incident.
Mitigating, Adam Haselhurst told the court: "There was an element of provocation, Harry Baker referred to my client in a derogatory way. After sentencing, my client intends to move away from the area, to remove himself from undue bad influences."
Webb will be supervised by the probation service for the next 12 months and must pay �60 costs.