Man Who Broke Into Shed Is Facing Possible Jail Sentence
BURGLAR Joseph Porter is facing a possible jail sentence after breaking into a garden shed in Soham, leaving a trail of finger prints behind. Porter got into the shed by removing five wooden boards from the building. The boards were left piled up on the n
BURGLAR Joseph Porter is facing a possible jail sentence after breaking into a garden shed in Soham, leaving a trail of finger prints behind.
Porter got into the shed by removing five wooden boards from the building. The boards were left piled up on the nearby lawn, and he made off with more than �200 worth of items from inside.
"My client cannot recall committing the offence, he accepts he must have done it, but cannot remember it," solicitor Adam Haselhurst told city magistrates.
"For the last three months he has been prescribed diazepam, which has not done him any favours in regard to his anxiety and state of mind."
You may also want to watch:
Porter, 34, of St Mary's Street, Ely, admitted stealing a strimmer, steam cleaner, shears, a screw driver set, grinder, paint brushes and grow bags from the shed on April 8.
Ely magistrates adjourned sentencing until June 4, for the probation service to prepare a report. Porter was given a curfew as a condition of his bail, keeping him indoors between 9pm to 7am, and he is banned from Soham.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up