Man Who Assaulted Wife is Released From Custody
A MAN who assaulted his wife on two occasions was released from custody by Ely magistrates this week, so he can attend appointments with the probation service. Robin Deo – who had been in custody for almost four weeks – is to be assessed, to see if he is
A MAN who assaulted his wife on two occasions was released from custody by Ely magistrates this week, so he can attend appointments with the probation service.
Robin Deo - who had been in custody for almost four weeks - is to be assessed, to see if he is suitable for a domestic violence course and alcohol treatment.
"He wants to save his marriage and rebuild his life," said solicitor Jeremy Kendall.
"His wife wants him released from prison."
Last month 38-year-old Deo of Beresford Road, Ely, admitted assaulting Gita Deo on July 1; and assaulting both her and his friend Andrew Simpkins on September 1.
Magistrates imposed a string of conditions on Deo's bail on Thursday.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
He must live at an address in Toates Close, Wilburton; he must stay away from his address in Ely; he must not be drunk in a public place, and must co-operate with the probation service.
He is due back in court for sentencing on October 30.