Man Who Assaulted Wife is Released From Custody
A MAN who assaulted his wife on two occasions was released from custody by Ely magistrates this week, so he can attend appointments with the probation service. Robin Deo – who had been in custody for almost four weeks – is to be assessed, to see if he is
A MAN who assaulted his wife on two occasions was released from custody by Ely magistrates this week, so he can attend appointments with the probation service.
Robin Deo - who had been in custody for almost four weeks - is to be assessed, to see if he is suitable for a domestic violence course and alcohol treatment.
"He wants to save his marriage and rebuild his life," said solicitor Jeremy Kendall.
"His wife wants him released from prison."
You may also want to watch:
Last month 38-year-old Deo of Beresford Road, Ely, admitted assaulting Gita Deo on July 1; and assaulting both her and his friend Andrew Simpkins on September 1.
Magistrates imposed a string of conditions on Deo's bail on Thursday.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
He must live at an address in Toates Close, Wilburton; he must stay away from his address in Ely; he must not be drunk in a public place, and must co-operate with the probation service.
He is due back in court for sentencing on October 30.