Man wanted in Cottenham shooting after woman and eight-year-old boy suffer ‘minor injuries’
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a photograph of a man who is wanted in connection with a shooting in Cottenham after a woman and eight-year-old boy suffered ‘minor injuries’.
Detectives want to speak to Thomas Wall, 32, following the incident at just after 8am today (December 29) in Smithy Fen, Cottenham.
A 37-year-old woman and an eight-year-old boy suffered minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.
No arrests have been made and inquiries continue to trace Wall.
Detective Inspector Anthony Grief, who is leading the investigation, said: “We’re treating this very seriously but we believe it is an isolated incident. Thankfully, nobody was seriously hurt but it could easily have been a lot worse.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who sees Wall or knows of his whereabouts to contact police immediately and not to approach him.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident 83 of today (December 29) or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.