Man wanted in connection with indecent assault on child
A MAN with links to Ely who is wanted by police in connection with an indecent assault on a child was featured on Crimewatch.
Barry Brunton, who is aged 63 years old, is wanted in connection with child sex offences which date back to the 1970s.
Barry worked in Hertfordshire at the time the offence is believed to have taken place, including as a choir master in Bishop’s Stortford.
He was previously arrested in 2003 for indecent assault on a child and was police bailed pending further enquiries but he failed to answer bail in early 2004. Investigations have been on-going in order to trace him, these include enquiries in the Philippines.
He is originally from the Isle of Wight but also has links to Ely and Downham Market. His last known address is London Road, Downham Market, however it is believed he could be anywhere in the country or further afield.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Greg Wade from the Child Abuse Investigation Unit is investigating and said: “We have carried out extensive enquiries and issued various media appeals to trace this man, and some of these enquiries have led us to make contact with countries as far afield as South East Asia. However these enquiries have so far proved negative.
“We approached Crimewatch to help with the appeal and last night they showed a photo of him which was aged using a computer in order to show what he might look like now.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
“We are following a number of lines of enquiry following calls from members of the public and I would like to appeal to anyone who may know of his whereabouts, or who may recognise him and be able to provide information which could help the enquiry to contact the Child Abuse Investigation Unit via the non-emergency number, 101.”
Alternatively call Crimestoppers, the independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name and you could be entitled to a cash reward.