Man Used Abusive Language After Being Ejected From Snooker Club
ANGRY at being ejected from Deans snooker club in Ely, Marian Klesik used abusive language and was aggressive to police at the scene. Klesik had refused to leave the area; he lunged towards one officer, and hit his nose on a policeman s helmet during a sc
ANGRY at being ejected from Deans snooker club in Ely, Marian Klesik used abusive language and was aggressive to police at the scene.
Klesik had refused to leave the area; he lunged towards one officer, and hit his nose on a policeman's helmet during a scuffle.
"He was then taken to the ground and handcuffed," prosecutor Sally Rose told Ely magistrates.
"He was angry at being told to leave, because his jacket was still inside."
You may also want to watch:
Klesik, 27, of St Mary's Street, Ely, had lived in the UK for the past five years, said solicitor Guy Holland.
"He had not taken much alcohol that night. A policeman tried to usher him away from the door," he explained. "He denies trying to strike an officer. But he accepts that in the heat of the moment he did use unpleasant and offensive language. It was directed towards his brother-in-law, but might have caused offence to people in the vicinity."
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
Klesik, a waste disposal loader, admitted using threatening behaviour and was fined �80 with �70 costs and a �15 surcharge.