Man treated for smoke inhalation after fire at a pub in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A fire at a pub in Ely started in a tumble dryer in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Two crews from Ely fire station were called to the Prince Albert pub, in Silver Street, shortly after midnight.
A fire had broken out involving a tumble dryer and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a C02 extinguisher to put out the blaze.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “One male was treated by the ambulance service for suspected smoke inhalation. Everyone was out of the property on the arrival of the fire service.”
Crews returned to their stations by 1.25am.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation revealed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut