Man Told Court He Was Speeding Because He Needed to Use The Toilet
A DAIRY farmer with an upset stomach drove his Range Rover at 108 mph in a desperate attempt to get to a toilet. Geoffrey Brown had eaten some dodgy seafood the previous day, and was facing a desperate call of nature at the time he was caught speeding;
A DAIRY farmer with an upset stomach drove his Range Rover at 108 mph in a desperate attempt to get to a toilet.
Geoffrey Brown had eaten some dodgy seafood the previous day, and was facing "a desperate call of nature" at the time he was caught speeding; Ely magistrates were told on Thursday.
The farmer was on his way to the agricultural machinery sale at Sutton at the time of the emergency on the A141 at Chatteris.
"He had suffered an upset stomach and desperately need to go to the toilet, and he knew there was a service station a mile down the road," solicitor Tom Urwin explained to the court.
You may also want to watch:
"He simply put his foot down, but didn't realise the speed he was doing."
Brown, 38, of South Molton, admitted driving at 108 mph along the A412 Gaunt Fen Road at Chatteris on January 12.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
"I deeply regret the speed I was travelling at that morning," he said. "It was a desperate call of nature."
Brown was banned from driving for 56 days and fined �450 with �35 costs and a �15 surcharge