Man threw flowers and pushed woman
AFTER damaging a bunch of flowers at the Co-op in Littleport, 20-year-old Darren O Brien assaulted shop manager Angela Allum when he was confronted. He had thrown the flowers down in the shop on February 27, Ely magistrates were told on Thursday. O Brien
AFTER damaging a bunch of flowers at the Co-op in Littleport, 20-year-old Darren O'Brien assaulted shop manager Angela Allum when he was confronted.
He had thrown the flowers down in the shop on February 27, Ely magistrates were told on Thursday. O'Brien then left the Main Street store, but was followed by Ms Allum.
"There was an altercation between them, and he pushed her," said prosecutor Flynn Jennings.
O'Brien, of Padnal Bank, Queen Adelaide, told the court: "The manager approached me, I was all ready to go home. I threw the flowers, that was a silly thing to do.
You may also want to watch:
"She came round the corner and confronted me, I did not go back into the shop and confront her. I was going to leave and pay for the flowers, she enticed me."
The court ordered a report and gave him conditional bail until sentencing on March 28
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car