Man threatened with knife in city robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and threatened in Ely
The victim, a 39-year-old man, was walking towards the train station at 10.25am yesterday (January 10).
As he walked along the path past the Archways on The Gallery near to Barton Square, a man approached and threatened him with a knife inside his jacket and asked for his wallet.
The victim handed it over and the man walked away towards Barton Road.
The man is described as 40, 5’ 11”, medium build and had brown hair. He was wearing sunglasses, a dark brown jacket, charcoal trousers and black boots.
You may also want to watch:
DC Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’re keen to find out if anyone was in the area at the time and may have seen this man.
“This was a terrifying attack and any information no matter how small could help us bring the offender to justice.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith at Ely Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.