Man threatened with knife in city robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and threatened in Ely
The victim, a 39-year-old man, was walking towards the train station at 10.25am yesterday (January 10).
As he walked along the path past the Archways on The Gallery near to Barton Square, a man approached and threatened him with a knife inside his jacket and asked for his wallet.
The victim handed it over and the man walked away towards Barton Road.
The man is described as 40, 5’ 11”, medium build and had brown hair. He was wearing sunglasses, a dark brown jacket, charcoal trousers and black boots.
You may also want to watch:
DC Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’re keen to find out if anyone was in the area at the time and may have seen this man.
“This was a terrifying attack and any information no matter how small could help us bring the offender to justice.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 4 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith at Ely Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.