Man threatened with knife in city robbery
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and threatened in Ely
The victim, a 39-year-old man, was walking towards the train station at 10.25am yesterday (January 10).
As he walked along the path past the Archways on The Gallery near to Barton Square, a man approached and threatened him with a knife inside his jacket and asked for his wallet.
The victim handed it over and the man walked away towards Barton Road.
The man is described as 40, 5’ 11”, medium build and had brown hair. He was wearing sunglasses, a dark brown jacket, charcoal trousers and black boots.
You may also want to watch:
DC Emma Smith, investigating, said: “We’re keen to find out if anyone was in the area at the time and may have seen this man.
“This was a terrifying attack and any information no matter how small could help us bring the offender to justice.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 9 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
Anyone with information should contact DC Emma Smith at Ely Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.