Man Stole Cash From His Mum To Pay For Drugs
ZACHARIAS Lupson used his mother s cash card to get money for drugs, a court heard this week. She had lent him the card and given him the PIN number so he could do some shopping – but instead he withdrew �100 in cash to support his drug habit. When arrest
ZACHARIAS Lupson used his mother's cash card to get money for drugs, a court heard this week.
She had lent him the card and given him the PIN number so he could do some shopping - but instead he withdrew �100 in cash to support his drug habit.
When arrested, 20-year-old Lupson handed over some herbal cannabis and his mother gave police three wraps of the class C drug ketamine, which she had found at her house.
"He felt terrible for his Mum, for what he had done," Ely magistrates were told by solicitor Jacqui Baldwin. "It has caused a rift in the relationship, he was trusted with the card to do some shopping. He used both drugs for recreational purposes."
You may also want to watch:
But, said Ms Baldwin, since being released from custody on December 31, Lupson had decided to stay away from drugs.
Lupson, of New Barns Avenue, Ely, admitted stealing �100 from Michelle Barker between November 1 and 16, and admitted possessing cannabis and ketamine.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
The court ordered him to pay �100 in compensation and �100 in fines, along with a �15 surcharge. Magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.