Man Stole Cash From His Mum To Pay For Drugs
ZACHARIAS Lupson used his mother s cash card to get money for drugs, a court heard this week. She had lent him the card and given him the PIN number so he could do some shopping – but instead he withdrew �100 in cash to support his drug habit. When arrest
ZACHARIAS Lupson used his mother's cash card to get money for drugs, a court heard this week.
She had lent him the card and given him the PIN number so he could do some shopping - but instead he withdrew �100 in cash to support his drug habit.
When arrested, 20-year-old Lupson handed over some herbal cannabis and his mother gave police three wraps of the class C drug ketamine, which she had found at her house.
"He felt terrible for his Mum, for what he had done," Ely magistrates were told by solicitor Jacqui Baldwin. "It has caused a rift in the relationship, he was trusted with the card to do some shopping. He used both drugs for recreational purposes."
But, said Ms Baldwin, since being released from custody on December 31, Lupson had decided to stay away from drugs.
Lupson, of New Barns Avenue, Ely, admitted stealing �100 from Michelle Barker between November 1 and 16, and admitted possessing cannabis and ketamine.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
The court ordered him to pay �100 in compensation and �100 in fines, along with a �15 surcharge. Magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.