Soham Town Council chair Charles Warner opens town’s ‘Man Shed’ which is set to provide ‘a go to place for men’
- Credit: FACEBOOK / SOHAM MAN SHED
A new “go to place for men” – which has been in the pipeline for some time now – has officially been opened in Soham.
The Soham Man Shed - based at South Angle Farm - was opened by Charles Waner, chair of Soham Town Council, on Saturday, June 8 and was a "good turnout".
Mark Goldsack, one of the shed's co-founders, says the aim is to help social and mental health as well as creating the go to place for men.
Although the launch event took place this weekend, the shed won't be ready for visitors until Thursday, June 13 from 10 until 4 each Thursday.
A spokesman said: "The event was a good turnout. We shared ideas and chatted over tea and coffee and listened to Charles offering training sessions to patrons.
You may also want to watch:
"Mark stated the real aims to help social and mental health and to provide a 'go to' place for men. He also paid thanks to co-founder Simon Paveling and venue owner David Worriker.
"We are looking for patrons, participants, sponsors and always on the look out for equipment and tools. If you need a lift down we could even collect you in Nellie tuk-tuk."
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Lucy Frazer MP: Delighted by Covid measures in our schools
- 6 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
- 9 Body found in Wisbech road
- 10 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
For more information, visit the Soham Mens Shed Facebook page or call 07831168899.