Man rescued from burning bungalow in Waterbeach
- Credit: Archant
A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a bungalow in Waterbeach caught fire overnight.
At 1.44am, one crew from Cambridge and one crew from Cottenham were called to a fire on Chapel Close.
Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
A man was rescued from the building and treated for smoke inhalation. He was left in the care of ambulance crews.
The crews returned to their stations by 3.30am.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress