Man rescued from burning bungalow in Waterbeach

PUBLISHED: 13:46 04 September 2015 | UPDATED: 13:46 04 September 2015

Archant

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a bungalow in Waterbeach caught fire overnight.

At 1.44am, one crew from Cambridge and one crew from Cottenham were called to a fire on Chapel Close.

Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

A man was rescued from the building and treated for smoke inhalation. He was left in the care of ambulance crews.

The crews returned to their stations by 3.30am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ely Standard