Man may have suffered “life-altering” injuries following unprovoked assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was hospitalised following a “nasty” assault in Cottenham yesterday morning (Wednesday).
The 61-year-old was out jogging in High Street at about 11.10am when a small silver car pulled up and a man got out before punching the victim in the head.
The man fell to the ground causing him to lose consciousness and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, where he remains, having suffered a severe head injury.
Detective Inspector Simon Harding said: “This was a nasty, unprovoked attack which has left the victim with possibly life-altering head injuries.
“I would urge anyone who witnessed this incident or who has any information about what happened to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“I need the public’s help to bring those responsible to justice.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony