Man left trapped under motorbike following smash
A MAN ended up trapped beneath a three-wheeled motorcycle following an accident in Littleport at the weekend.
A POPULAR bike festival held in Littleport on Saturday ended on a sombre note after a rider suffered serious injuries in a crash.
Nigel Horton, chairman of the Trikes R Us club, was understood to be riding his three wheeled motorcycle to a nearby shop when he crashed into a wall and ended up trapped beneath the half-tonne machine.
Paramedic and fire crews were rushed to the incident, which took place near the Littleport Leisure Centre at 6.45pm, and found Mr Horton, from Lincolnshire, in a serious condition, having suffered multiple injuries.
The biker and his passenger were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where Mr Horton remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
The incident came as hundreds of motorcycle and trike enthusiasts were gathered at the leisure centre for the 2011 Trikefest, an annual event with camping and entertainment.
A statement released by Trikes R Us, said: “As well as wishing Nige a speedy recovery, the club committee and members would like to thank everyone for their kind get well messages.”
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate