Man left trapped under motorbike following smash
A MAN ended up trapped beneath a three-wheeled motorcycle following an accident in Littleport at the weekend.
A POPULAR bike festival held in Littleport on Saturday ended on a sombre note after a rider suffered serious injuries in a crash.
Nigel Horton, chairman of the Trikes R Us club, was understood to be riding his three wheeled motorcycle to a nearby shop when he crashed into a wall and ended up trapped beneath the half-tonne machine.
Paramedic and fire crews were rushed to the incident, which took place near the Littleport Leisure Centre at 6.45pm, and found Mr Horton, from Lincolnshire, in a serious condition, having suffered multiple injuries.
The biker and his passenger were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where Mr Horton remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
The incident came as hundreds of motorcycle and trike enthusiasts were gathered at the leisure centre for the 2011 Trikefest, an annual event with camping and entertainment.
A statement released by Trikes R Us, said: “As well as wishing Nige a speedy recovery, the club committee and members would like to thank everyone for their kind get well messages.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture