Man left trapped under motorbike following smash
A MAN ended up trapped beneath a three-wheeled motorcycle following an accident in Littleport at the weekend.
A POPULAR bike festival held in Littleport on Saturday ended on a sombre note after a rider suffered serious injuries in a crash.
Nigel Horton, chairman of the Trikes R Us club, was understood to be riding his three wheeled motorcycle to a nearby shop when he crashed into a wall and ended up trapped beneath the half-tonne machine.
Paramedic and fire crews were rushed to the incident, which took place near the Littleport Leisure Centre at 6.45pm, and found Mr Horton, from Lincolnshire, in a serious condition, having suffered multiple injuries.
The biker and his passenger were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where Mr Horton remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
The incident came as hundreds of motorcycle and trike enthusiasts were gathered at the leisure centre for the 2011 Trikefest, an annual event with camping and entertainment.
A statement released by Trikes R Us, said: “As well as wishing Nige a speedy recovery, the club committee and members would like to thank everyone for their kind get well messages.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'