Man says ‘at least two or three’ involved in caravan theft
- Credit: Archant
A man is on the hunt to find his family caravan stolen from an East Cambs village by who he believes were “at least two or three” suspects.
Philip Leonard said his Bailey Pegasus twin axle 646 caravan was stolen from Prickwillow Road, Isleham between Tuesday, November 17 and Wednesday, November 18.
Phil believes the caravan was unlocked before being dragged across farmland near to his home and driven away.
“There would have to be a minimum of two or three involved,” he said.
“It was about 9am on Wednesday I noticed it had gone, so we then notified police. We have put an appeal on social media and people are sharing it to try and make it as visible as possible.
“My wife is upset because that has been our family holiday for years.”
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “The caravan was stolen between 4pm on Tuesday (November 17) and 10.30am on Wednesday (November 18). No arrests have been made, but investigations are ongoing.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
If you have any more information on where the caravan might be, contact Phil on Facebook, speak to an operator via the police web-chat quoting crime reference number 35/78404/20 or visit https://www.cambs.police.uk/report/Report.
Alternatively, dial 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.