Man jailed for sexually assaulting girl as she slept
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for 18 months for sexually assaulting a young girl while she slept.
Raymond Daly, 43, denied the offence, which happened at a property in Cambridge in the early part of last year.
However, he was found guilty of sexual assault of a girl under 13 at Cambridge Crown Court last week and on Wednesday (October 18) was sent to prison as well as being placed on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.
The court heard the crime was not uncovered until September of that year when the victim’s mother began discussing inappropriate touching with her.
Daly, of Roebuck Drive, Lakenheath, was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for 10 years, preventing him from having any unsupervised contact with children under the age of 16.
You may also want to watch:
DC Sam Constable, who investigated, said: “I would like to praise the young victim for her bravery in coming forward.
“The sentence given shows how seriously the courts take this type of offence against vulnerable victims.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March