Man jailed for sexually assaulting girl as she slept
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for 18 months for sexually assaulting a young girl while she slept.
Raymond Daly, 43, denied the offence, which happened at a property in Cambridge in the early part of last year.
However, he was found guilty of sexual assault of a girl under 13 at Cambridge Crown Court last week and on Wednesday (October 18) was sent to prison as well as being placed on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.
The court heard the crime was not uncovered until September of that year when the victim’s mother began discussing inappropriate touching with her.
Daly, of Roebuck Drive, Lakenheath, was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for 10 years, preventing him from having any unsupervised contact with children under the age of 16.
You may also want to watch:
DC Sam Constable, who investigated, said: “I would like to praise the young victim for her bravery in coming forward.
“The sentence given shows how seriously the courts take this type of offence against vulnerable victims.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer