Man jailed for sending ex-partner threatening messages - including saying he would ‘throw acid at her’
- Credit: Archant
A man who sent a video message to his ex-partner in Cambridge of a man loading a gun and telling her it was ‘just for her’ has been jailed.
Following the incident on December 23 last year, Fation Kolgjini, 28, continued to send threatening messages, including threatening to throw acid at her, until February when she reported the incidents to police.
Kolgjini, of High Road, Romford was sentenced to six months imprisonment at Cambridge Crown Court on March 15 after previously pleading guilty to putting a person in fear of violence.
In interview he initially claimed his ex-partner had sent the messages herself.
PC Luke Ephgrave said: “The victim in this case showed incredible courage to report these incidents to police. The custodial sentence highlights the seriousness of the threats and how domestic abuse is not tolerated by the police or the courts.”
You may also want to watch:
Kolgjini also received a 10 year restraining order preventing him from contacting the victim.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor