Man In Serious Condition After Electrocuting Himself On Mains Cable

A MAN was rushed to hospital in an air ambulance on Thursday (Oct 15) after electrocuting himself on an overhead mains cable in Littleport.

A MAN was rushed to hospital in an air ambulance on Thursday (Oct 15) after electrocuting himself on an overhead mains cable in Littleport.

The man, believed to be in his early twenties, was carrying a large metal pole when he contacted over-head wires, causing thousands of volts to pass through his body.

The man was treated for severe burns by the Magpas emergency medical team following the incident at Crouchmoor Farm before being transferred to a waiting air ambulance.

The man was then transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where his condition was described as serious but stable


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus