Man in critical condition in hospital following gas explosion
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical condition in hospital after what is believed to have been a gas explosion in Chittering this morning.
The incident happened at about 8.50am at the home of potato suppliers, Produce Connection Ltd, in Ely Road.
The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with what the ambulance described as “critical injuries”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.50am this morning following reports of an explosion in Chittering.
“We dispatched several resources to the scene including two ambulances, an ambulance officer, an air ambulance, and our hazardous area response team.
“One person has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance with critical injuries. There are no further casualties and all ambulance resources have now left the scene.”
Firefighters from Ely and Cambridge also attended the scene and assisted the ambulance service with the injured man.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 10 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
The Health and Safety Executive was made aware of the incident and a spokesman said officers visited the site on Tuesday to begin investigations.
Are you in Chittering? Can you tell us what happened?
Call 01353 665521 or e-mail Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org