Man in critical condition in hospital following gas explosion
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical condition in hospital after what is believed to have been a gas explosion in Chittering this morning.
The incident happened at about 8.50am at the home of potato suppliers, Produce Connection Ltd, in Ely Road.
The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with what the ambulance described as “critical injuries”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.50am this morning following reports of an explosion in Chittering.
“We dispatched several resources to the scene including two ambulances, an ambulance officer, an air ambulance, and our hazardous area response team.
“One person has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance with critical injuries. There are no further casualties and all ambulance resources have now left the scene.”
Firefighters from Ely and Cambridge also attended the scene and assisted the ambulance service with the injured man.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 10 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
The Health and Safety Executive was made aware of the incident and a spokesman said officers visited the site on Tuesday to begin investigations.
Are you in Chittering? Can you tell us what happened?
Call 01353 665521 or e-mail Daniel.email@example.com