Man in critical condition in hospital following gas explosion
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a critical condition in hospital after what is believed to have been a gas explosion in Chittering this morning.
The incident happened at about 8.50am at the home of potato suppliers, Produce Connection Ltd, in Ely Road.
The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, with what the ambulance described as “critical injuries”
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 8.50am this morning following reports of an explosion in Chittering.
“We dispatched several resources to the scene including two ambulances, an ambulance officer, an air ambulance, and our hazardous area response team.
You may also want to watch:
“One person has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by land ambulance with critical injuries. There are no further casualties and all ambulance resources have now left the scene.”
Firefighters from Ely and Cambridge also attended the scene and assisted the ambulance service with the injured man.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
The Health and Safety Executive was made aware of the incident and a spokesman said officers visited the site on Tuesday to begin investigations.
Are you in Chittering? Can you tell us what happened?
Call 01353 665521 or e-mail Daniel.email@example.com