Man In Critical Condition After Wicken Smash
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash on the A1123 near Wicken on Saturday. The 21-year-old man was left with serious injuries after his Peugeot 206 was involved in a smash with an Audi on the A1123 between Wicken and Upware on Saturd
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash on the A1123 near Wicken on Saturday.
The 21-year-old man was left with serious injuries after his Peugeot 206 was involved in a smash with an Audi on the A1123 between Wicken and Upware on Saturday (May 15)
The incident took place at around 2pm with the East of England Air Ambulance called in to help the injured man before he was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance.
The driver of the Audi, a 27-year-old man, was also taken to hospital with serious injuries.
PC Francis Crawford, collision investigator, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw these two cars either before the collision, or saw the collision itself.
"We need to establish exactly what happened."
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Crawford at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.