Man In Critical Condition After Wicken Smash
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash on the A1123 near Wicken on Saturday. The 21-year-old man was left with serious injuries after his Peugeot 206 was involved in a smash with an Audi on the A1123 between Wicken and Upware on Saturd
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash on the A1123 near Wicken on Saturday.
The 21-year-old man was left with serious injuries after his Peugeot 206 was involved in a smash with an Audi on the A1123 between Wicken and Upware on Saturday (May 15)
The incident took place at around 2pm with the East of England Air Ambulance called in to help the injured man before he was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance.
The driver of the Audi, a 27-year-old man, was also taken to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Francis Crawford, collision investigator, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw these two cars either before the collision, or saw the collision itself.
"We need to establish exactly what happened."
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Crawford at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.