Man In Critical Condition After Wicken Smash
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash on the A1123 near Wicken on Saturday. The 21-year-old man was left with serious injuries after his Peugeot 206 was involved in a smash with an Audi on the A1123 between Wicken and Upware on Saturd
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after a crash on the A1123 near Wicken on Saturday.
The 21-year-old man was left with serious injuries after his Peugeot 206 was involved in a smash with an Audi on the A1123 between Wicken and Upware on Saturday (May 15)
The incident took place at around 2pm with the East of England Air Ambulance called in to help the injured man before he was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by ambulance.
The driver of the Audi, a 27-year-old man, was also taken to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
PC Francis Crawford, collision investigator, said: "I would like to speak to anyone who saw these two cars either before the collision, or saw the collision itself.
"We need to establish exactly what happened."
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 6 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Grants available for organisations in Ely
- 10 Man, 73, pens pandemic poem after pal tests positive for coronavirus
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Crawford at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.