Man charged with arson after Cottenham caravan fire
- Credit: Archant
A man who allegedly set fire to a caravan in Cottenham is due in court today.
Martin Mongan has been charged with arson after a caravan was found alight in Setchell Drove.
Firefighters from Cottenham and Cambridge were called to the blaze on Monday, June 29, where they extinguished the fire using a hose reel.
Mongan, 39 of Setchell Drove, will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today (July 1).
A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “At 11.49pm on Monday, crews from Cottenham and Cambridge were called to a fire on Setchell Drove in Cottenham.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters arrived to find a caravan on fire and extinguished it using a hose reel. They returned to their stations by 1.15am.”
The spokesperson added: “Anyone with information about the incident should contact police by visiting https://www.cambs.police.uk/ to submit an online report, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph